About the role
Permanent position, based in Saguenay. Offers full range of fringe benefits. Compensation commensurate with candidate’s experience and qualifications.
The process technician’s duties include:
- Apply the company’s Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) principles through a “Zero by choice” initiative;
- Operate, monitor, and control all process equipment and machinery;
- See to the development and execution of operational processes, in collaboration with the various partners concerned;
- Strive towards process improvements with the multidisciplinary and IT teams;
- Implement the problem-solving process and take any necessary corrective actions;
- Develop a quality assurance program and make sure products meet manufacturing standards.
The process technician shall have the following qualifications:
- Outstanding, steadfast commitment to safety in the workplace;
- College degree (DEC) in chemical or metallurgical engineering, or equivalent;
- Have a relevant experience in process optimisation, and continuous improvement;
- Have an experience in research and development (asset)
- Ability to work within a flexible organisational structure;
- Outstanding initiative, resourcefulness and self-reliance;
- Strong analytical skills and talent for innovation;
- Strong French language skills (both oral and written), command of English is an asset;
- Have aluminium production experience (asset).
ELYSIS is a Canadian company delivering a disruptive technology for the aluminium smelting industry, that has developed a unique approach to reducing the carbon footprint of many everyday products: it eliminates all direct greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions from the smelting process and generates oxygen as its by-product.
ELYSIS is the outcome of an unprecedented world-class partnership between two industry pioneers, Alcoa and Rio Tinto, and the governments of Quebec and Canada. The partnership will make it possible to market this technological breakthrough as early as 2024.
Are you interested in this challenge?
Please send your application before April 30th, 2022 to Mrs. Marie-Eve Poitras at email@example.com.
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.