About the role
The mechanical engineer’s duties include:
- Apply the company’s Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) principles through a “Zero by choice” initiative;
- Demonstrate technical leadership in design-build projects;
- Develop and monitor the project’s startup, tracking and constructability stages in collaboration with the concerned departments;
- Design, implement and optimise the Centre’s key operational equipment;
- Plan, prioritise and monitor mechanical operations;
- Troubleshoot and find adequate solutions to failures;
- Maintain equipment reliability and operational efficiency;
- Record all process and equipment data.
The mechanical engineer shall have the following qualifications:
- Outstanding, steadfast commitment to safety in the workplace;
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering;
- Certified by Engineering Professional Associations & Organizations;
- At least three to five (3-5) years of optimisation, mechanical design and/or development experience;
- Ability to work within a flexible organisational structure;
- Recognised communication skills with stakeholders at all levels;
- Outstanding initiative, resourcefulness and self-reliance;
- Strong French and English language skills (both oral and written);
- Have aluminium production experience (asset);
- R&D and/or business startup experience (asset).
ELYSIS is a Canadian company delivering a disruptive technology for the aluminium smelting industry, has developed a unique approach to reducing the carbon footprint of many everyday products: it eliminates all direct greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions from the smelting process and generates a pure oxygen as its by-product.
ELYSIS is the outcome of an unprecedented world-class partnership between two industry pioneers, Alcoa and Rio Tinto, and the governments of Quebec and Canada. The partnership will make it possible to market this technological breakthrough as early as 2024.
A proud HR partner, Adecco will support ELYSIS through its personnel selection process.